Advanced HIV Management Online Course - for Nurses
Advanced HIV Management Course for nurses
The Southern African HIV Clinicians Society (SAHCS) has been working tirelessly with experts on developing the Advanced HIV Management Course for nurses. This course will be offered on an easy-to-use learning platform that will allow nurses to access the training anywhere, anytime and on any device. The content has been refined to deliver the most up to-date information in a digital, blended learning environment. The aim of this course is to provide nurses with advanced HIV treatment knowledge regarding the management of patients that present with advanced disease, and will develop a nurses ability to effectively monitor patients and provide quality clinical care.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The cost of the course is R1,200 (incl. VAT)*
*2022 pricing. Course pricing is subject to change each year.
WHO SHOULD ENROL?Professional nurses who are NIMART-trained.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Online registration form: click hereAlternatively email Mirriam on email@example.com or call 011 728 7365 for further information.
DURATIONThe length of the course is 6 to 8 weeks to complete online.
Click here to download
COURSE FOCUS AREAS
- Basic Science
- Diagnosis in adults and adolescents
- Staging, clinical features, OIs and STIs
- TB/HIV Coinfection, IPT and TB Infection Control
- Contraception and Safe Conception
- Nutrition and HIV
- Practical Application: Initial/Pre ART assessment of a patient living with HIV
- Principles of ART Theory
- Classes of ART, ART Drugs and side effects
- Practical Application: ART initiation
- Preparing your patient to adhere to ART
- Monitoring on ART
- Drug Interactions
- Practical Application: The Management of a Patient on ART
- Special Populations
- Management of the adolescent
- Infant feeding
- Paediatric testing
- Paediatric examination, staging, and OI’s
- Paeds HIV management
- Health System Topics
- Differentiated Care
- Preventing Drug Stockouts
- Adverse Events from Medication Reporting
- ART Data Management